Did you know that REX is hiring? From sales, to marketing, to engineering, REX is growing rapidly and we are looking for some all-stars to join the team. Each week we are featuring a new “Job of the Week” to highlight some of the amazing opportunities at our company. You can always see a full list of REX openings by visiting our career page. If you don’t see a job that fits you, but would still like to work with us, let us know by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB OF THE WEEK – REAL ESTATE AGENT – HOUSTON, TX
With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster, and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! We’re seeking a licensed agent to work in the Houston metro area. REX home-sellers only pay a 2% fee for the entire transaction, and we go around the MLS to target homebuyers directly with sophisticated marketing that we are pioneering in real estate.
What Can You Expect?
“Our agents are passionate about how REX is changing the real estate industry and the value this company is bringing to our clients. We believe that using technology to make the selling and buying experience better and more efficient has greater meaning than making big commissions- and is more sustainable. REX agents are employees who earn a steady salary, benefits, and have a stake in the success of our company. They are incentivized to earn customer satisfaction, not a commission.”
– Mike Vinci, Customer Relations Director
What You’ll Do:
- Pitch REX to new seller leads and convert them to new REX sellers
- Manage the home selling and purchase process. Work closely with the REX broker, marketing team, operations, transaction coordinator, and customer service
- Arrange for photographer and manage photo selection
- Assist buyers and sellers with offers and negotiation, within REX’s guidelines
- Ensure a smooth escrow and closing process
- Provide expertise on the home buying and selling to the broader REX team suggesting improvements to our marketing and operations
What You Need:
- An active Texas real estate license
- 2+ years of experience in residential home sales
- A deep understanding of the real estate transaction process, documents and disclosures but not bound by traditional approaches where not legally mandated
- The aptitude to embrace new technologies and services and is experienced with collaborative economy companies such as Uber, Airbnb, eTrade, eBay, and eLance
- Has experience with web-based collaboration tools and able to rapidly learn to the latest tools
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Spanish and other relevant language skills a plus!
Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company.